Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Moms, Kids and Headaches

I have been good now for about two weeks.  I moved up to 75 mg of Topamax by last Friday.  The Only real noticeable side effect is tingling in my feet.  I asked my Doctor to give me something for my headaches to take that would not knock me out.  I was taking Imitex in a pill form. Before I was doing the nose spray, that worked, but didn't knock me out. 

So I am trying Maxalt 5mg.  I only got two pills and paid over $80 and was shocked.  Gosh headaches are expensive!  I have lives and survived with this pain for so long.  Many people just don't know how it is to live with this pain in your head.  You have to function with you have kids.  My kids are good.  Buy sometimes kid noises piece my head. 

Today I was brave, I took all four kids into Target to get my medicine.  I even let my teen drive.  I was weak.  I bought crafts for them to do.  I am glad I did!  They have had a great time painting.  Since I have been home, I made lunch, took my pill, and my headache has gotten a little better.  Hoping to get a small nap in while the little kids nap. 

I was working on books in my house.  But when you get headaches, it slows down you day.  You can't do everything and it frustrates me to no end.  It takes me days after to recover.  Hopefully I will bounce back and get this all done. 

I know it is hard, but if you are a mom and get headaches, you know what I am saying.  How sometimes, we just having to live with the headaches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment